Thursday, April 14, 2011

Giving Back

As most of you know, a few friends and I recently put on an event called Score For Sarcoma; benefiting the Winship Cancer Institute at Emory University.  I am pleased to announce that the event was a great success, and last week we were able to present Winship a check for $4,326.  The amount of money we raised through the event and donations totally blew away my expectations, and for that I thank you all a million times over for helping us!  What makes this fund-raising effort different in my mind, is that instead of donating the money to "research/awareness", which is difficult to know if your money is really helping people, we donated our funds to the Patient Assistance Fund, which exists to help under privileged cancer patients with copays, rent, rides to treatment, etc.  I believe that all of you who donated/participated should feel comfortable in knowing that your money is truly helping those who really need it.  Again thank you all!!!!

Here is a picture of my parents, Brian Fitzgerald (co-chair of the event), and myself giving the check to Winship.  Sadly our other co-chair Clint Powell was not able to join us, but to Brian and Clint both, thank you so much for the initial idea and helping drive the success of this event.

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome gift and I really like where the money is going. Great job!

    ReplyDelete